We are looking for a dedicated, passionate and driven Senior Interior Designer to join our team.
About the firm
Jeff Schlarb Design Studio is based in Presidio Heights, San Francisco. We deliver a classic contemporary body of work to our clients in the SF Bay Area and beyond. The firm’s expertise includes custom decoration projects, interior design for new construction, kitchen and bathroom renovations. Our projects have been featured in publications such as Interiors, California Home + Design, San Francisco Business Times, Gentry, C-Magazine, Spaces, Capture Magazine, SFC&G, SF Magazine, Trends Magazine and more.
This role is a key component to the success of our firm. Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills are crucial to the success of this role as well as the ability to work collaboratively with an interior design team.
To be considered for this position, you must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in Interior Design from an accredited US based university and have no less than five (5) years of experience leading large interior design projects in a professional interior design environment.
You must have a working knowledge of AutoCAD and Photoshop. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite software and online project management software such as Asana would be considered an added benefit.
The Senior Designer will lead and manage a team for all large projects. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously with an approachable, responsive, flexible, whatever-it-takes style. You must be capable of executing and managing a team for all projects from conception to completion. You thrive in team-oriented environments and have the ability to manage workload independently, with a strong design initiative on multiple projects simultaneously, some with tight deadlines.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the desire to work on interdisciplinary teams.
- Liaising with principal, clients, contractors, consultants, vendors, and employees.
- Serve as the client liaison with regard to all aspects of the design process
- Overseeing of the design process and ensuring that the designs meet client and Principal’s expectations.
- Creating and monitoring projects budgets
- Maintaining the projects overall design direction and aesthetic.
- Work with the design team to create client presentation materials and working plan sets for contractors and architects
- Selecting of all furnishings for approval by the Principal.
- Create conceptual designs and specify all FF&E materials
- Managing timelines and implementation of projects
- Overseeing all project installations
- Working closely with staff to manage the expediting and procurement process.
- Seeking out new vendors to keep the design fresh and relevant.
- Senior Designer will have a hand in reviewing all work within the studio for consistency with the firm’s standards and project visons.
- Oversee quality control/standards from all deliverables (boards, budgets etc.) and advise team on furniture, material and vendor selections based on his/her knowledge so that the rest of the team is aware and can make more informed decisions and selections etc.
- Visit job sites as needed
- Draft and render floor plans through 3D software, as well as AutoCad, and Photoshop
- Stay current on all design trends / be a trendsetter
- Some travel may be required based on project and company needs
Benefits include competitive salary, health insurance (including medical, dental and vision), simple IRA retirement plan, paid vacation, volunteer time off and anniversary bonuses.
Commensurate with experience.
To apply please send resume and portfolio to [email protected]
We’d love to hear from you!