At Green Couch/Jeff Schlarb Design Studio, we’ve experienced a wonderful period of growth as the direct result of increased efficiency and productivity. To continue our trajectory, we’re searching for a highly qualified Operations Manager.
From day one, this role will have an immediate impact on our productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing programs and projects across company business units and communicating objectives between departments.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business management role, working collaboratively in a fast paced environment, mentoring staff, optimizing performance and productivity as the organization scales.
Experience gained in a design or interior design studio is an added bonus, you will make an impact, be bold and nurture collaboration, executing a strong design operational process that drives results and showcases JSDS/GC as a leader in residential design innovation.
You will collaborate on refining multiple work schedules to assist the interior design teams to bring our projects on schedule to our clients, optimize schedules and processes, as well as forecast and help build for future capacity and project needs.
This role establishes priorities and provides regular progress and manages budget reports. Partner with teams on resourcing and team load, balancing strategic and new initiatives; assist with providing balance of business/operational efficiencies and creative endeavors/priorities.
Champion the implementation of new processes and ways of working across the team through demonstrated leadership.
This is a hybrid role that is integrated into initiatives across both Jeff Schlarb Design Studio and Green Couch staging
- Serve as liaison between staff, Directors, Finance Director, and Principal, regarding company culture, employee well-being, project updates, proposals, growth process and planning.
- Oversee daily operations through collaboration with Principals and Directors, performing an array of administrative tasks from generating correspondence, coordinating or executing marketing activities alongside the CMO, implement business development and implement strategic planning.
- Create and maintain established workflows to create visibility of work and manage workloads, while enabling continual improvements.
- Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies, working with Principal and Directors on special projects.
- Be abreast of various projects and goals of the company to assist in problem solving. Strategic acumen and foresight to anticipate complex, cross-functional problems.
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans alongside CMO to address them, and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications.
- HR responsibilities including recruitment of talent, management of job listings, screening applicants, retention of staff, benefits coordination, training initiatives as well as management of staffing questions related to employment laws and compliance matters in conjunction with our Zenefits coordinator.
- Drive team project meetings and keep schedules current on Asana with the different project teams and stakeholders
- Act as a strategic partner to Design Director on roadmap prioritizations
- Collaborate across company units and business accounts to ensure minimal risk, maximum profitability and efficiency of project deliverables.
- Work closely with CMO and team to launch the furniture line, Jeff Schlarb Studio Collection.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar is required.
- 4+ years in a business or executive management role
- 3+ years proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Extremely versatile, self-directed and dedicated to efficient productivity
- Entrepreneur mindset & owner mentality – willing to roll up your sleeves and wear multiple hats
- Ability to prioritize, stay organized and meet critical deadlines
- Experience leading strategic initiatives
- Experience in the in Interior Design Industry
- Strong Analytical skill set to review financial data
- Experience with budget management
- Strong ability to lead with a clear narrative and paint a vision that communicates and aligns team to our mission
- Experience in managing teams, recruiting for best talent and projecting staffing requirements
- Proven success in a project coordination role
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication
To apply, please email email@example.com and include your resume as a PDF. We look forward to meeting you!